- door-to-door ˈdoor-to-door adjective [only before a noun]1. door-to-door sales, collections etc involve going to each house in a street in order sell something, to collect information etc:
• They will be raising funds through door-to-door collections.
• door-to-door salesmen2. a door-to-door service delivers goods directly from a factory to a person's house:
• Although its home market is Europe, the company can offer door-to-door transport to other destinations.
• the closure of British Rail's door-to-door parcels service
* * *door-to-door UK US /ˌdɔːtəˈdɔːr/ adjective [before noun]► MARKETING going from one house or building to the next in order to sell or ask something: »
a door-to-door survey of 1,500 residents»
door-to-door sales/salesperson/salesman► COMMERCE delivered from the factory directly to a customer's home: »
Instead of offering door-to-door delivery, the firm wants to persuade customers to pick up their purchases.
Financial and business terms. 2012.
Look at other dictionaries:
Door Door — s Famicom cover shows the protagonist Chun leading the aliens Amechan, Invekun, and Namegon into a trapped door. Developer(s) Koichi Nakamura … Wikipedia
door — W1S1 [do: US do:r] n [: Old English; Origin: duru door and dor gate ] 1.) the large flat piece of wood, glass etc that you open and close when you go into or out of a building, room, vehicle etc, or when you open a cupboard →↑gate open/close/shut … Dictionary of contemporary English
Door County, Wisconsin — Location in the state of Wisconsin … Wikipedia
Door security — relates to prevention of door related burglaries. Such break ins take place in various forms, and in a number of locations; ranging from front, back and side doors to garage doors. Contents 1 Common residential door types 2 Security weakness of… … Wikipedia
door — [ dɔr ] noun count *** 1. ) a large flat object you open when you want to enter or leave a building, room, or vehicle: a little house with a red door The door creaked slowly open. There was a draft coming from under the door. open/close/shut the… … Usage of the words and phrases in modern English
Door furniture — (British and Australian English) or Door hardware (North American English) refers to any of the items that are attached to a door or a drawer to enhance its functionality or appearance. Decorative door in Florence, Italy. Design of door furniture … Wikipedia
Door to Door (Modern Family) — Door to Door Modern Family episode Episode no. Season 3 Episode 4 Directed by Chris Koch Written by … Wikipedia
Door Door — Обложка версии для Famicom Разработчик Chunsoft … Википедия
Door — Door, n. [OE. dore, dure, AS. duru; akin to OS. dura, dor, D. deur, OHG. turi, door, tor gate, G. th[ u]r, thor, Icel. dyrr, Dan. d[ o]r, Sw. d[ o]rr, Goth. daur, Lith. durys, Russ. dvere, Olr. dorus, L. fores, Gr. ?; cf. Skr. dur, dv[=a]ra.… … The Collaborative International Dictionary of English
Door to Door Storage — Door To Door Storage, Inc. Type Private Founded Kent, Washington Headquarters South Kent, Washington Products Service (Storage/Transport) Website Door To Do … Wikipedia